Thursday, December 15, 2011

Scary

I vow to post at least 2 -3 times per week.

I wasn't blogging as much because my life has really been uneventful. I need to make some events happen.

Soooo...I've been a little under the weather this week. I went to the grocery store yesterday and I bought some soup, Theraflu and orange juice. When I checked my balance later on in the day, I was in the negative the amount of money the groceries cost...which was funny because I had more than enough in my account.

I called Chase.
"Oh, Department of Taxation and Finance (IRS) seized the funds in your account because you owe $1027 in taxes.
:-O

Many things ran through my mind...oh my God..my account is frozen. My check is being direct deposited. I'll have no money....

"I won't know more until tomorrow. Call back, ma'am"

I hung up and was a little more than worried. Why the eff would they do this around Christmas time?

Backstory:
Last year, I was on Unemployment. The nice folks at UI did not take out federal taxes even though I opted to have taxes taken out. Apparently, they only take out state and not federal taxes. Oh...the idocy. So.....I ended up owing $900 in taxes. Wouldn't common sense say that if someone is on unemployment benefits, they can't afford to pay $900 in taxes immediately? No. No? Ok. Here's where I effed up at....I pushed it in the back of my mind.

We're in a recession...the federal government is not playing with its money. So, I will call them tomorrow and get a payment plan poppin.

In the meantime, my direct deposit should be available to me as my account is not frozen...
What's messing me up is that...my account is overdrawn, a payment to my gas company was rejected and my phone bill is coming out + i have gifts to buy...i will have little money to work with this week. Crayyyyy....

1 comment:

Miss♥K said...

aw damn Gina- that sux. I tell ya they picked the right time didnt they?- but like you said they dont care- Obama and them wont (yes won't not want lol) they moneys hontey! 8( reminds me I owe this year- need to get my moneys together lol