Sunday, October 7, 2012

poetry?

i have no idea where this poetry came from.
when i clicked on compose new post, i thought it would be a story or something but these words just kind of flowed from me.
i didn't re-read it so i apologize if it sucks....i guess i had some things that i needed to express.

i briefly dated someone who was good on paper....he's a producer. he's young and successful and soon, he will be very rich. i know this like i know my last name. he's also very narcisstic and thinks the world revolves around him.

i stopped returning his phone calls because i didn't like the way he saw me.
it's hard for me to like a man romantically. he has to be smart, funny, ambitious, well-spoken, well-dressed and most importantly, i want to be adored.

he was so critical of everything i said and did. he made me feel like i was only good enough to be a trophy.

i hate that feeling.
it reminds me of when i was with those older men and they just wanted my youth to pop out some babies and right the wrongs they did in their 20s and 30s.

i have no idea how a relationship is supposed to work anymore.
but i want one.

does that make any sense at all?

No comments: