Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sense and Sensibility

I told BFF everything that happened yesterday (last post). I was struggling within myself because The Nigerian moves me. He makes me want something with him. He stirs something inside of me that hadn't been stirred in a while.

I was seriously thinking about breaking my celibacy for him.

BFF listened and talked to me about my reasons why. Honestly, I miss close intimate contact with someone but I want more than the physical stuff.

He would put the taste in my mouth but not quench my thirst.

"If he likes you, he will wait," she said.

Our generation doesn't know how to wait...doesn't know what too fast is and that's sad.

I want to do it but I'm not comfortable yet and why should I rush myself?

Tomorrow is the last discussion I want to have about it with him. At least for a while. Take it or leave it, I want to say. I'm prepared for both.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

belle said...

hi, just some unsolicited advice here.
I'm nigerian and I can tell you that (some) Nigerian men will tell you they love you on the same day. I'd advise you to get to know him well or else take a risk of feeling played if he's not for real. It's hard when you've got pressure on you. Goodluck!

Tiffany said...

If he likes you, he will wait....I definitely agree with this!!!!

Don't break your celibacy for a guy. I am talking from experience mainly because I am going through the same thing right now.

Hope all is well {xoxo}

Trish said...

I know I'm late but I'm with BFF. I think that he is just testing the waters. He starts off with taking your clothes off, next he will just want to rub up against you and it will continue until he gets what he is after.

I've learned that some men will wait as long as they have to so that they can get what they want.

I'm not preaching because I'm far from perfect, but just be sure that you're giving in because you want to and not because of the pressure.

You have done so well, I'd hate for you to feel that you've compromised yourself for someone with an ulterior motive.

Miss♥K said...

I agree with Trish-- ' just be sure that you're giving in because you want to and not because of the pressure.

You have done so well, I'd hate for you to feel that you've compromised yourself for someone with an ulterior motive.'