Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 > 2011

Hello Loves!
I am super tired. I told myself I would clean my house and get on the ball today but halfway through the day, I said "eff it"...I am tired.
Sunday night (Dec. 25th) I took a plane home from North Carolina (stories to come soon) and woke up Monday morning to go to work. Went to work each day. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning were 3 hour dance rehearsals. Saturday (yesterday, NYE) I went to work at 7:30 - 4:30. Went to church for 5:30. Basically danced from then until 10:30. Went home and was in bed by 11:45. My body is like...seriously?
Anyways..I guess I have some 'splaining to do.
Job
Retail is the type of business where people come and people go - that's just the nature of things ...most of the time, when folks leave, they don't even give notice. So..when I gave 4 days notice...I thought it would be no problem.
All the managers I have were called in for a crisis intervention.
I was told that I am a valued employee...they've invested into me...it feels like a slap in the face...yadda yadda yadda
and then I hit them with the blank stare.

they resorted to threats.

If you don't give us the full 2 weeks notice...we're going to make it so that you can never work for any estee lauder company ever again. estee lauder owns 40% of the cosmetic brands out there. fyi.

so, of course i gave them the effing 2 weeks.

Luckily, the new job understood and allowed me to take the full 2 weeks....I am so aggravated. One of my bosses..the one who actually interviewed me for the position was like..we're sad to see you go. all i could was give an awkward smile.

and then i giggled nervously and my manager gave me the side-eye so i walked away.

anywho..i start the new job on thursday! woot woot!

1 comment:

Monique said...

Now they know good and well they never cared for you like that before. Punks. I wouldn't have given the two weeks at all. No ma'am.