Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chocolate Covered Caramel Baby

And he said that he liked me. He thought I was beautiful and mysterious. He couldn't tell what I was hiding behind my eyes.

"I want to be your sugar daddy. I own my own construction company. Let's go to a hotel. We'll fill out your W-2. We'll process a direct deposit. My offer is $3,000 bi-weekly. You won't get payment today. But, it'll be there 2 weeks from now."

And I paused.

Shocked and a little intrigued.

I looked at my life in technicolor. The looming T-Mobile payment, due Tuesday or it's chopped, the past due Cablevision bill, rent, Keyspan, and ConEd are due with this week's paycheck, and my mom's birthday is Thursday.

And I looked at myself. Flirting with an older white gentleman in a bar on a Thursday nigh and asked myself to look at me through his eyes.


And I declined.

1 comment:

Diddy Bop said...

Wow. I can't even imagine being in a situation like that. I'm glad you said no. A weaker person may have given in.