Monday, August 4, 2008

Breathing with No Air...

I feel like the wind was knocked out of me.

I need an assistant. I am drowning at work. Literally.

I was told..sure, you can get one and then

I put in the request to put an ad out for one and then I was told...

No, I don't see the need for one. Via e-mail. To all of upper management.

All the blood has drained out of me and seriously, I am fighting the urge to go in the bathroom and cry. When I read it, I swear my whole face went pale. My body is numb.

I don't know how much longer I can do this. I don't feel like they respect me.

Everyday, I feel how young, black, and female I am. You would think since I worked my way up, they would think..."Oh, she's great. She climbed up from the barrel."

No, they think..I'm just a glorified peon. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know.

I really do not know how much more I can deal with this. It's blatant racism. Blatant sexism. Blatant disrespect.

I thought I was stronger than this, but it's become evident that I'm trying to stop a flood by filtering water with a bucket.

No comments: