Monday, April 13, 2009

Demons & Spirits

The title is kind of misleading. If we believe that we are all spiritual beings, then we all have a choice to contain demons or angels within us. Demons being ugly or bad spirits. Angels being good and godly.

Last week has been a learning experience. I'm learning about who I am and gaining direction in my life.

I almost apologized for the last couple of posts being about God. I never liked people who were ALL about God. I don't think I'm becoming about that but this is the most important thing going on in my life.

Looking at one's self is the most hurtful thing one can do if it is in the spirit of truth. Truthfully speaking, that last post was all wrong. Lust. I have the spirit of lust all in me and I need to get it out.

I keep saying, "God, if you just give me a partner. I've been single too long. I need male attention, I'll be happy. I'll be complete." And we all know that since I'm a mess, adding another person to the mess will complicate things more. Maybe there's a reason why I'm still single.

Its an added distraction to where my eyes should be looking.

I keep asking why do I still curse sometimes? Why do I still have anger issues? Why do I still want to masturbate?

Yesterday at church, the pastor answered my questions...just because you have God doesn't mean he erases everything. The first step has been made: accepting God in my heart. Its up to me to give it all to Him. Its up to me to give Him my mind.

Its not easy. Jesus said, "Come to me all you who labor and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest in your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Right on!

Trish said...

I totally agree. Its a constant battle and irks me when people want to judge you because you make the effort to go to church. Church isn't for perfect people because perfect people don't exist, its about constantly trying to better yourself.