Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jr Cougar + A Man Named Jimmy + Eff Couples

I was trying out something different. Purple blush. A boyfriend blazer that I'd bought from the Salvation Army for $8. I was feeling pretty good on my way to Kofi Conde's party. I was standing at the bus stop, not sure how far the party was from the train station, not wanting to risk chub rub unnecessarily when this group of boys walk by. I try to look without looking. They were rolling like 8 deep and I didn't want to bring extra attention to myself. Two of them stray from the pack and approach. Both wanting my number. I asked, "How old are you guys?" You know what they say, if you have to ask...20 and 21. The 21 year old kept saying, "I just think you're beautiful." They were both cute. They were like, "Which one are you going to give your number to?" I felt so awkward. I gave in and gave it to the 20 year old. I told him he is too young for me. He was like...I'm young but I'm doing something with my life. Then he started listing things. He was surprisingly convincing. I relented and gave him my number. Editor called me a Jr. Cougar. (Hahaha, gotta get my training in!)

I get to Kofi Conde's party. It is so mellow and chill. The DJ is kinda dope. The people are funny and nice. There was food! (Cause ya'll know I don't eat much....) The rum and cokes were on point (see the part of me not eating) and I don't drink much at all. One of Kofi's friends bit me. He said he couldn't resist and he nibbled on my cheek. The rum and coke had me paralyzed where I was just in shock. He said he was sober. Idk if that was for the better or not.

I haven't been around couples for a while. The way Kofi treats his girl. The way his cousins were treating their ladies, I was jealous for a hot second like...I need that in my life. *pouts*

I was so sleepy so early. I left. I walked towards W4th St and decided I really liked my outfit. I wanted to photograph it but I was alone. I made random strangers do it for me. Lol. New Yorkers are nicer than you think. Two people obliged me. Pics were decent.

For some reason, I decided to get off the train at 12:15 to catch the 12:30 bus that takes me from Downtown Brooklyn to my house. Its a 30 min ride. There was a drunk lady talking sooooo loud. I wanted to slap her across the face.
She said I am gorgeous and shouldn't be on the bus then she tells some random man to make sure I get home safely. O_o
Around this point, I was tweeting over and over..."Wow, Nina, you really thought this was a good idea?"

After 10pm, buses can stop anywhere along the route. I told the bus driver to stop in front of my house. He gonna be like, "What's your address?" Hunhhhh????? Just stop where I say stop.

Next time, I'll stop being so cheap and take a cab!

...To be continued....
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Sha Boogie said...

So what happened with the young tender, junior cougar?! lol That sounds fun..I miss going to house parties (was it a house party)?

K. Ako said...

lol...you were nibbled on?! Can we debrief that behind the scenes. Holla at me though.

Young woman on a journey said...

sounds like a fun night. nibbling...that's a new one!

★Starrla said...

Nibbling?! LoL that's different! Glad you had a nice time