Thursday, December 28, 2006

DON'T EVER TOUCH A BLACK WOMAN'S HAIR!!!!

Ok..so maybe it didn't warrant the upper cases but I feel as though it did. I'm a little sensitive about my hair right now...it's in a small 'fro and I'm growing it out from ruthlessly chopping it off. Today is the first day everyone at work is seeing it in a while and for some reason its an anamoly to se a black woman with her natural hair.

So they feel the need to pet you like a fucking dog!

I digress...

WHITE WOMAN: I DON'T NEED YOUR COMMENTARY ON WHAT YOU THINK OF NEGRO
WOMEN HAIRSTYLES!!!

1st offense:
I'm making my way past the FreakOut..the one who freaks out at the slightest bit of crisis.
She likes the hair, says so..then continues to state that she wishes more black women had natural hair..then goes on to say how she doesn't understand why they wear wigs and yada yada yada..I'm standing there with not-so-nice words going thru my head of what I could say to really
express what I was feeling without seeming too black. But in the back of my mind, I'm like what's wrong with being black? But ahh..in the workplace black has a negative denotation and it could mean I'm angry...volatile....

2nd offense:
AARP (that's what i'll call her because she needs to stop working and retire cuz u know she is an AARP member)...comes up to me (after Fri when I felt as though I would beat her old ass..nother story entirely...pets my head like 3x like I'm a dog....
I was shocked..stunned!!!
WHO WALKS UP TO ANOTHER PERSON AND STARTS STROKING THEIR HAIR?
I don't know where her hands have been..the thought of it now is making my head itch..but I'm shocked and in awe..like the audacity of this white bitch!? Would I have been mad if she were black? No!!! Black women don't walk up to each other touching their hair..unless they ask or are
asked.
Why me? What did I do lawd?
Enuf! Enuf!

No comments: