Thursday, October 18, 2007

Wow

This morning has been weird. I woke up before my alarm sounded, after
getting some sleep last night. If that wasn't weird enough, I left the
house early. I heard on the news there was an accident on Utica and
Fulton. I didn't think much of it, but as I walked down the street to
the train station, ther was a body on the ground, a van looked like it
ran a pole and hit a person on a bike. The van's front was completely
smushed, the pole was uprooted from the ground. It must've been a do not
walk sign because all the other signs were blinking. It was horrific. I
guess that shaped my morning

I have Kelly Clarkson's 'Addicted' on repeat on my ipod. It brings up
old memories of Afroman. I don't know what's up with Wise. I hope he's
ok. His phone keeps ringing, but his mailbox is full. Maybe that ship
has sailed for us.

I'm planning on perming my hair on Wednesday. I'm excited about it, but
when I see a woman with natural hair, I feel guilty. Women with natural
hair are like a not-so-secret society. There are not a lot of us. You're
not sure how a man will react to you. People have a tendency to treat
you a certain way when you have natural hair. They call you 'sista' a
lot....its weird. We all give each other knowing looks.

No comments: