Thursday, February 21, 2008

Signs are Everywhere

I knew the wino told me what he did yesterday for a reason.

A friend did a shady thing to me today. She didn't like something I did.
We spoke about it beforehand. I apologized. We went into a meeting and
she brought it up at the most inopportune time. I told her something as
a friend. She used it against me (in her role as a supervisor). I was
like a fly caught in a spider's web. The thing is...she didn't have to
bring it up. She could've let it go. She also made the situation worse
than what it was from the beginning. It was her that blew it up more
than what it was to get to a point where we were asked to come into a
meeting.

We are no longer friends.

This cuts me deeply.

Because I have little to no family, my friends are my family. Its like
cutting off a sister. Not to mention this is someone in a power
position. This now means, no one in management likes me.

I'm asking myself, why? Why would someone who I've spent hours on the
phone with, whom I trained, whom I had so much respect for turn on me?

It could be jealousy. It could be that she had to make a
decision....have a friend or have a career.

Some of us have enough friends, I guess.

I'm no fish.

No comments: