Thursday, September 3, 2009

Blessed

Six weeks ago, today, I was let go from a job that I didn't love but loved the paycheck each week.

I freaked out.

I made a decision. My passion would be my career.

Its been tough. I've cried bitter tears. I've doubted everything but in the midst of all of this, I'm farther than some. In such a short time, my portfolio has expanded. I have some stuff on the calendar. Even without the money. In six weeks, I bought myself 1 skirt (that I wore on a shoot for $12) and 1 pair of sandals ($9). And although there are a few pairs of badass shoes I want, I can truly say, I'm.....happy.

Last night, I ran into my mom. She said I lost weight. I laughed, saying, "Brokeness will do that to you."

"You're not broken."

She's right.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Young woman on a journey said...

yaaay! you will never be broken. you are too resilient for that. i'm so proud of you!