Friday, September 18, 2009

Snapshot: Reminisce on Conversation w/Brother Wise

The smile on my face could light up Times Square as I basked in the sunshine of our conversation. That was the feeling I was missing. Liking someone.

Why is it that we could speak so freely in this space five years too late telling each other about love, lust, and desire? In our innocent cocoon of the internet, we came together.

Is it possible that we could utter those words to each other in the stillness of the night because the chances of us acting on them is slim to none? He makes me remember I'm a lady. He makes me feel precious, beautiful - shiny and new. The intensity of what I feel for him awakens in me a song of which the words I thought I'd forgotten.

How curious is it to want someone you can't have with the fervence I have for him yet not have an inkling of frustration out of not being able to attain it. This. Him and me.

"Why not?" she asked me. "Sometimes, love is not enough."
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Trish said...

Sure isn't, Tina said it best, "What's love got to do with it?" I think its an important factor but has to be other factors as well.