Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oh Dear God

Is what she said when I finished her makeup and my heart dropped. No one had ever reacted that way to my work. She had good reason. I was given 5 minutes to make magic happen. Literally. Although that's technically my job and I technically shouldve been able to come through, I didn't. I didn't want to push myself. I shouldn't have shown up. That's not what I do. I'm reliable. The makeup didn't look bad, in all actuality. Once the glue dried on her lashes, it wouldve been clear. All would be well. For that moment, she saw what was there and it wasn't that great. She ran. Her performance was coming up. She was stifling tears.

I was stifling my own. Maybe I'm not cut out for this.

I gathered my things and left.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Young woman on a journey said...

every dream has a few disappointments. don't sweat it. its not a reflection of your work. you messed up once. but you don't usually mess up. and i bet it wasn't that bad. don't sweat it love.