Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Chance Encounters

Feeling adventurous, I scraped up enough change to dye my hair a different color. Walking down 34th St, I bumped into an old flame that's still burning. Rastaman. We went to high school together, but met in our senior year together. It was all about poetry and books and the sight of him still sends my heart in a flurry.

He is beautiful.

And a father and with the mother of his child.

I am possibly irrelevant to him. But the chance encounter has to mean something, right? How many people can say that they've met the person who still stops their heart from beating on one of the busiest places in NYC?

Not many.

After I thought on it for a while...I resolved to not dwell on it. Dwelling on the past becomes the endless cycle that is my romantic life with Afroman.


But, it did add a little spice to my afternoon.

(smile)

No comments: