Friday, February 26, 2010

Walls + Words

"I don't think you're ready for a relationship," I said. "Honestly speaking, I don't see anything happening between you and I."

I had thrown a monkey wrench at him. I'd been feeling like giving everyone a good piece of my mind. He was caught in the crosshairs. He thanked me for my honesty.

It hasn't been the same since.

I wonder if I were wrong for sharing that with Carter. A part of me wanted to enjoy the melody of my heart's pitter patter when I saw his name flash across my phone or smile sweetly at him on vchat but he was rented. We were using each other to fill the void of loneliness in our hearts.

No laws were broken and no love lost, however, I've been down that road before; building ties that are hard to cut.

Perhaps, I'm afraid of where the path may lead. Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by: honesty with the person who matters most - myself.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Young woman on a journey said...

i think you did the right thing.

Trish said...

I agree! You want more than just someone to keep you preoccupied.