Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hold the Phone!

"Don't get too familiar with me.."
Lately, I've been feeling this way towards most of my coworkers. This woman (who I think has an unhealthy obsession with black folks)pinches my cheeks every (frickin) day. I ignored it, but its been bothering me for the past few days. I said - WAIT a goddamn minute here - I'm a grown woman! I'm not some cutesy little girl. Plus, I'm not so keen on people touching my face. In fact, I HATE people touching my face. I don't know if you wash your hands when you go to the bathroom. I don't know if you scratch your ass or your hair or touch doorknobs and then put your bacteria-infested hands on my face. EEK!

I work for a car service as a reservationist. A driver came in talking to me, calling me by my first name like we've known each other for years. Like yea, Nina, let me know. I get very anxious when people try to know you too well, too quickly. Like...why? what are your ulterior motives?
I think I'm calling myself Nina from now on, by the way. For some reason, at the club on Friday night, I referred to myself as Nina with Gi and LP. They were like wha??? That's my ballroom alter ego. When I compete, I think of myself as Nina, that bad-ass chick on the street that turns heads and makes men's tongues wag.

So..that's me..NINA. (lol)

Anywho, back to the tangent at hand, You don't know me dude. He said my name like 10 times in the span of like 3 sentences. Yuck.

At times, because I look young and sorta cute. I feel as thought people look at me as though I'm a tart and I want to go....I WAS SMART WAAYYYY BEFORE I WAS CUTE. I HAVE A 3.86 GPA FROM UHA. I REEEEEEAD! MY FAVORITE WRITER ALONG WITH ERICA SIMONE TURNIPSEED IS OCTAVIA BUTLER AND KATE CHOPIN! I CAN WRITE! I CAN CONSTRUCT PERFECT SENTENCES. I KNOW HOW TO USE A SEMICOLON! MY FAVORITE MUSEUMS ARE MOMA AND WHITNEY. AND BESIDES THE ARCHITECTURE, THE GUGGENEHEIM IS KINDA OVERRATED. I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT BASQUIAT, DAVID HAMMONDS and GEORGIA O'KEEFE. I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT DHORUBA BIN WAHAD AND ASSATA SHAKUR AS WELL AS BIGGIE AND OUTKAST! I AM NOT JUST A PYT. GEEEEZ. But, I'm passive-aggressive in the most infuriating way and I just smile and grit my teeth, while planning whomever's total destruction.

Don't underestimate me. You may just be my next victim.

No comments: