Monday, January 18, 2010

Vagina Monologues

I went out to drinks tonight with an old friend. I'm liquored up and stuffed to the gills with on eye open blogging.

Its been a great year without the peen. Rough but great.

I've learned:

*Always ask and be clear about what you want and what the other person wants. An immature mistake was saying "I'll go with the flow" when I wanted a relationship. That stream always flows to the fwb side, it seems.

*Reinforce your wants with your actions. You can't say you wanna be a housewife with ho activity.

* Sex is no substitute for affection. I didn't miss sex as much as I did holding hands, kissing and being held.

* Lust is a powerful and tricky emotion. If you feel it towards someone, wait 24-48 hours away from that person and see if you feel the same.

* I'm not a man. I could never replace a man nor would I ever want to. ;)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Trish said...

Great observations! I've been feeling the same about being clear. I tell people that I'm looking to make freinds and that's all it becomes. I've always felt that saying I want a man was being somewhat desperate. Times and people change.

Young woman on a journey said...

i agree with every statement here. especially number 1, 3 and 5!

love that you are celebrating this with happy hour!

have fun babe!