Monday, January 14, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened....

So, I got all dolled up and decided I was going to go to another ball.
My ride came an hour late (but that's another story) and on my way
there, realized I didn't have my I.D.

Yes....oh responsible Nina who checked her bag 10x to make sure she had
her keys and money forgot she needed I.D to get in the club.

Either go home and come back and the ball would be over or ......

I had a lightbulb moment.

Go to Twin's job. Get his I.D. even though he's 5'11 and I'm 5"1. Yes,
even though he's a tad lighter than me. Yes, even though his extra I.D
is expired.

I forged ahead, valiant that I would not be defeated.

I walked up to the bouncer and told him I was a transexual. (Yes, I
did.)

Walked downstairs. Told the second bouncer I was a tranny, too. He
believed me but something told him it wasn't right. He scanned my I.D.
He stared at me. He made me verify "my" address, "my" D.O.B.
Everything.

He called over another bouncer. Not good.

The other bouncer was not a believer. Thus, I was thrust out into the
cold. He scolded me for not getting my I.D changed over.

I took a costly cab home.

I'm deeply embarassed and ashamed.

4 comments:

Don't Oppress Me said...

LOL...that was hilarious!!!

Now, we've all done some crazy shit to get into the club, but the tranny comment takes the cake lol.

Janelle said...

lol.... this is hilarious...how about my friend sonystudios was so pumped that the Game had given her a special invite to his album release party and we couldn't even get in cause she left her id at home. don't feel bad girl WE've all been through it!

*Tanyetta* said...

you are killing me over here! :)

Anonymous said...

A tranny? LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never seen you but I imagine the problem with your story, aside from you not knowing your DOB ... is that you look too much like what you are, a woman, to pass for what you aren't.

Nice try, though. :-)