Sunday, January 27, 2008

Love

"Tell me you love me," I telepathically screamed at him. Willing him to
validate that I meant something to someone - meant something to him. He
was my entire world. I could literally breathe him into myself and be
complete. On the outside, I was cool as a cucumber sitting at the
opposite side of the bed needing something from him; something that even
I on a conscious level could not discern.

"Tell me you love me," I whispered into the pillow as I buried my head
deep into it.

And then he grabbed me. And he pulled me into him - a little spoon to
his big spoon. And he whispered into my ear.

"Punk," he said.

I laughed. Our inside joke- the desert of my soul cracking, revealing a
river beneath.

"I love you, too," I whispered into his dark chocolate skin.

No comments: