Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Train Wreck + It Takes a Village to Keep a Friend

I need to get it together.

I told Gi at work today that I was depressed. She asked my why?

I was dumb-founded. Does she not understand what the eff is going on in my life?

Or maybe she's just not paying attention.

I wanted to end my friendship with her right there because its like.....come on! It really is common sense.

Earlier today, around 3, I wrote a rambling post about how no one listens to me and no one lends me their ear completely. I saved it as a draft because I didn't think it was that serious.

YW said people don't understand why other people are sad if they are happy. It kinda makes sense but I think its selfish. Any fool can see why this period in my life is difficult.

Gi doesn't know me. Nope, not at all.


This is the worst summer of my life so far. I'm really just happy to have life.

At work, BFF called me. She was lonely. It was 6:30 and her bff since elementary school hadn't called or seen her today. Really, what kind of mess is that? Your best friend of 18 years or something crazy like that just had a life-altering experience and you don't call or text her all day! And its your day off. I told her..."Its okay BFF. You know who to rely on. That heffa just took your place of who I was going to push down the stairs this week. When it is time for you to have a child...I better be godmama. Shooot!" She cracked up so hard. I was happy to have made her smile.

Twin called me later on to tell me how his day went. We were talking as I was tinkering with the other blog. He said, "Nina, how are you really? You sound like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders."

Even though he's gay and he probably would punch me in the face...I could've kissed him on the lips.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Trish said...

Sometimes thats all it takes. For someone to show some concern. I agree with YW people get are so self-absorbed that they have no clue.