Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Recap

So........
i'm effing exhausted.

i can't wait to get home from work...honestly, i don't really remember anything that happened before tomorrow so let me just talk about that.

i had my first video shoot in brooklyn. i think it went smashingly well.

saturday night, of course i couldn't sleep til like 4am. i woke up at 6:30 to get my kit together and get to the set at 8:15. The models came trickling in one by one.

did i mention i had 12 faces + the artist (dude) to do all by myself with no assistants?
umm, yea.

good stuff:
-the main model was gorgeous. her skin was so beautiful. she was a dream to work with. i put on moisturuizer and foundation. it smoothed on great...it was like working with a doll.
-there was FOOD on set. yay! the fried chicken was banging.
-there was an actor/male model on set. he's not a model model...just some dude who's trying to act who was so cute. oh man! i wanted to pinch his booty...lol..but, i restrained myself. i just told him i would fb stalk him. too much?? lol
-most of the models were showered, beautiful, and professional
- i came out of my shell and talked a lot more than i usually do. yay for me!
-i was paid what i was told i would be paid

bad stuff:
-i was initially told shooting would end at 6. we were 3 hours behind so, i thought 9. we didn't end shooting until 11:40pm. i didn't get home til 2:30am.

-i told a model i was going to punch her in the face and i meant it.
oook..let me put this in perspective. i have a lot of patience when it comes to people. i've worked in customer service a long time and i know people talk ish just to talk it. also, there are a lot of stylists, hair artist, mua that if you change what they do to you they go ape-shit. i'm not one of them. i usually just let it rock. well, this girl wanted gold lips. i didn't give them to her. she started having a temper tantrum. then, she put extended the line of her eyes out further after i was done with her. in the midst of her temper tantrum, i said.... #1, you are a model. your job is to be my canvas and look how i want you to look. get it together and suck it up. she didn't heed that advice. #2, i have 12 people to do all by myself. i have a vision of how i want you all to look sitting together and gold lips aren't apart of that vision. #3, listen girl. if you don't get out of my face, i feel like i'm going to punch you and black your eye and then fix it with make-up. stfu.
i lost my cool. everyone stopped and looked at me because it is so far from my character.
i learned something....next time that happens...i'm wiping all the make-up off and i'm telling her she's not shooting. my blood pressure was sky high. i would break that lil girl in 2.

-the stylist, my friend..got shifed. she was underpaid $250....i learned from that...no contract, no work.

- why does the girl with the worst skin not have make-up? 2 girls were there and i swear, i made them look like something...i'm the ish. but it took reaching for the creativity in my pinkie toe, lol.

- the dudes were smoking weed continuously all day. they had pounds of it. and they were smoking it in the trailer where the creative dpt aka me, stylist and hair artist were working. i wanted to say something but it was MANAGEMENT doing it...and umm, THEY were paying ME. smh. rap videos, ftl

-i was on my feet from 8am to 12am.

i'm kind of amazed at myself...12 people right? i only had 5 foundations.. 1 for an extremely light (white) person, 1 for an extremely dark (black) person, 1 for a brown person (me) and 1 for a middle tan person (think latina). and i learned how to blend and blend and buff and buff to make it work.

can't wait to see the video and how it comes out. also a photographer was there taking pics.

today, i opened my etsy store for my homemade scrubs. i'm so excited!
i already have about 4 orders and 2 give-aways.
friday, i got the labels after having a fit at the printer because they messed up the first order.
today, i was running around getting packaging for the scrubs. tomorrow, post office!

yayyyy!

2 comments:

~B~ said...

HAA HAAA!!
"#1, you are a model. your job is to be my canvas and look how i want you to look. get it together and suck it up. she didn't heed that advice. #2, i have 12 people to do all by myself. i have a vision of how i want you all to look sitting together and gold lips aren't apart of that vision. #3, listen girl. if you don't get out of my face, i feel like i'm going to punch you and black your eye and then fix it with make-up."
I luv how u told it straight up!! i guess things r lookin up huh? :)

Trish said...

It's great that you're getting work!