Saturday, December 20, 2008

Everybody Nose

I stood there, masked in my shroud of intoxication. Sandwiched between a man so cute, I wanted to put him in my pocket, an older gentleman and a dude who would not stop staring at me.

Then, I smelled it. It was unmistakable. Afroman.

My eyes perused the crowd on the train even though I knew it was not.

And I remembered when things were good. Museum dates and spooning in our love cocoon.

For the first time in a while, I felt warmth. No anger, bitterness, or resentment. No love or longing for something that will never be.

Just remembrance of good times.
And gratitude for a moment in time.

Remembrance of a friend.

Funny how the nose remembers what the heart tries to forgets. I will always know your smile. I will always know your scent.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: