stolen from delusions of grandeur
So here’s my review of 2008…
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Had sex with strangers...
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember my resolutions...sad
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
I think 2008 was all about finding my direction in life..now that i've found it partly, i want to walk in that path.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
hmmmmm....there are several DAYS not really dates.
the day we got a black man with SWAGGA in the White House...
the day i met aussie and realized not all dudes are assholes.
the day i laid my heart down on the ground for afroman to stomp on.
the day he actually did stomp on it.
the day i realized that although aussie had good intentions, he wasn't for me.
the day i started my other blog
the day someone started reading it.
the day i realized that i'm walking into a path destined for big things.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Starting my new blog and feeling like...whoa..hey...look at me. i can do this!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Another one bites the dust....I want to say my relationships with men. But, I've learned from my mistakes...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not serious. Heartbreak..nothing more than that.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Shoes and make-up!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Gi for being a great friend. Twin for being a rock. BFF for being her and all 3 for putting up with my shhh
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Aussie, Afroman and BGF (to be explained shortly)
14. Where did most of your money go? The usual: bills, balls, make-up... lol
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
don't know yet
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- i. happier or sadder? a little happier
- ii. thinner or fatter? slightly fatter.
- iii. richer or poorer? slightly less poor
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Acknowledgement of the little voice in my head
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Longing for someone who doesn’t exist (amen Neemie)
20. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No. "thought it was but it wasnt'...." (yes, Jill)
21. How many one-night stands?
Zero. Once you get a taste....lol
22. What was your favorite TV program? The Hills, sadly
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Will keep it to myself
24. What was the best book you read?my own
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Kudu, Sam Sparro, The Ting Tings
26. What did you want and get? Him.
27. What did you want and not get? financial freedom
28. What were your favorite films of this year? Eagle Eye, Lakeview Terrace,The Day the Earth Stood Still
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 22. I had a nice dinner with friends.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Knowing what I really wanted
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Obama-rama!
35. Whom did you miss? Afroman until I didn't
36. Who was the best new person(s) you met?
2 new friends I met while doing stuff for my other blog...
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Wear black bras under black shirts, when you're photographed,. you'll thank yourself. Know what you want first. Please yourself first.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: It’s the same as last year’s:
'one is the magic number..." jill scott
'this used to be a funhouse. now we're full of evil crowns. i'm gonna start the countdown. i'm gonna burn it down down." -pink
apricot, neemie (for 2008), monie, jane, mr.socialight, e, young woman, eb, liz, chris, kenya, la culture populaire, sydney, and everyone else i missed...