Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pieces of Me

We had been flirting shamelessly via text message. Him, safe in the Windy City and I in the City that Never Sleeps. We met somewhere in the middle. CraigDavid was my escape into a life for which I was not mature enough. And I was his lullaby baby - a flash of beauty in the midst of the mish mash of the city.

Alas, he did not know me.

I found myself in the midst of a conversation in which we talked about why we liked each other. I went first.

I liked his British accent, his dry humor, his kinky sexual deviance, and straight-forwardness. Moreover, I fell in love with his words. The way to my panties and my heart is through my brain.

He laced his lyrical douche in my bush. Lol

I will always remember his response to my assessment of him. "Wow, you appreciate the different facets of my personality. You see me in 3D."

Needless to say, he did not return the favor to me as much. I struggle with men who treat me as a trophy, a possession - a mantlepiece.

And I, remember the insecure girl who was really smart, but wanted to be seen as beautiful and I can't remember what it feels like to be appreciated for my mind. And now, I'm just beautiful?

(I'm just going through some stuff....sorry for the moody posts)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

Trish said...

It's okay, we all have those times. Hopefully you're out of the funk soon.

Young woman on a journey said...

i think this weather brings on a funk as well. but all will be well soon.

when its right, you won't have to answer all of these questions. you'll be appreciated for your beauty and your brains!