Sunday, July 22, 2007

Moments like these...

There are those moments when I am thankful. I am thankful for the
wonderful gay man at Target who let me exchange my items instead of
returning, then sending me to the purchase line.

I am thankful for XBGF for actually coming through with at much need 60
bucks.

I am thankful for those customers who decided NOT to call today.

I am grateful for seats on the bus.

I am thankful for Sun. For Water. For LipChap.

My hearts swells in gratitude for being given a strong mind, strong
will, and heart to tread these waters of life valliantly. To not faulter
when times are rough...because times are rough a lot lately.

I am grateful for never having visible sweat marks. For always being
"sure" when I forget my deodorant from time to time.

I am thankful that I can apply makeup. That I can effectively unleash my
inner drag queen.

I am even thankful for conversations with the mirror. So, I know when to
stop and drop into the nearest Serta, Sealy, or Posturpedic bed.

I am thankful for grease when my hair is dry, Nivea for my skin, and
Stila for those pesky under-eye areas.

I am thankful it costs nothing to smile or laugh, because these
days...that's the only thing I have in abundance.

No comments: