Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks

Yesterday, I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for the first time.



So exciting!



I made yellow rice, mac n cheese, corn, string beans, ham, cornbread, brownies, and a marble cake from scratch.



Delish.



This was only for 3 people...did I mention that? Lol



I got raves from my guests: ReluctantRoomie and Aussie.



We played cards and talked smack. So much fun!



We didn't do this last night. So, this is what I'm thankful for:



* a job (!!)

* friends that love and support me

* self-esteem and confidence (RR said that people know not to mess with me of respect and fear in the knowledge I can decapitate with my tongue. vastly different from 16-year old Nina for sure)

* creativity

* an outlet for my neuroses and a blog fam that doesn't judge me (too much, lol)

* knowledge of self (I have a long way to go, but I know who I am as a black woman, I know who I am as a plus-size woman, and I know who I am a friend/lover/sister - divine!)

* a bright future

Lastly, but not least..thank you. Thank you guys for reading my blog. Thank you for your comments. Thank you for blogging. Thanks for allowing me a peak into your lives and allowing me to comment on it. Thank you for showing me, I'm not so crazy after all and you go through the same things as I. Thank you for smacking me into reality sometimes. For your cyber-hugs...I hope to meet all of you one day!



Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

1 comment:

Monie said...

Awwwwwwwwww, this was sweet!