Sunday, May 24, 2009

...

He met me at 2 on the dot and we walked to the African Festival going on close by. We walked through each booth. I bought something to eat and we sat and talked.

Long story short. He has a problem with communication. He felt like he wasn't avoiding me. He wasn't too busy as he admitted that he wasn't doing anything. He was just at home because he didn't have money.

Lame.

When he didn't meet me that day he didn't know I was pissed. He was running errands and he didn't realize the time. When I asked him why he didn't at least text me to let me know he was running late AFTER I called him and told him it was 30 minutes after we were supposed to meet he didn't have a reason but stated he didn't have to explain himself to me.

Lame.

I told him how I felt. In detail. I called him selfish. I told him he was lame (lol) for not communicating properly with me. I told him that I felt like he didn't care that I was about to walk away from our friendship and he wasn't going to do anything to save it.

He asked what is he supposed to do and that if my mind was made up then...that would be it.
He stated that he didn't think what he did was wrong and asked if I were looking for an apology and that he knew he would see me before he left.

Lame.

We were both silent for a while.

I said that I understood. I won't expect anything from him anymore in order to protect myself from getting hurt and to protect him from anymore expletive-filled rampages.

He was upset that I said I don't expect anything from him.

I looked him dead in the eyes and said...I expected you to communicate with me. I expected you to see me earlier or try to see me earlier in your trip. I expected you to call/text me when you're running late. You didn't do those things. I got hurt. So, clearly, I shouldn't expect those things from you and if I can't expect those basic things then I shouldn't expect anything.

He said it was still messed up of me to say it the way I did.

Perhaps.

I told him we were running in circles. I voiced my opinion. He voiced his.

(Cont'd)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: